The Native American Media Alliance provides a multi-faceted educational program for studios, networks, production companies, talent agencies and unions working in the Native space in order to promote an authentic voice in film, television and new media.
- NAMA provides the following initiatives:
- – Cultural Sensitivity: We offer training for industry professionals on Native American history, modern lifestyle and cultural norms to provide an accurate portrayal of Native Americans and foster a genuine connection between Native Americans and the entertainment community.
– Safe Space: We provide advocacy on behalf of Native Americans working in the entertainment industry who need a confidential, safe space to communicate and address workplace concerns.
- – Native Writes: This groundbreaking initiative offers Native American writers a place to showcase and share their work through our database—a definitive collection of television and feature film scripts. Subscribers have the opportunity to share their material with the entertainment industry and receive feedback from partner production companies.
– Production Incentives: Commitment to exploring federal and state tax incentive strategies for entertainment companies that employ Native American writers for film, television and new media.
- – Writer Protection: We are working to help establish protections for Native American writers who are documented American Indians, Alaskan Natives and Native Hawaiians similar to the law established for traditional artistic endeavors (Indian Arts and Crafts Act of 1990).